Our Mission Statement:
The Baltimore Educational Scholarship Trust, in partnership with our nineteen independent member schools, recruits and supports through the admissions process academically ambitious, African American students with financial need from the Baltimore area. Once students are enrolled, B.E.S.T. positions them for success through academic preparation, character and leadership development and support programs.
The B.E.S.T. spectrum of services begins with the identification and recruitment of high-achieving African American students in Baltimore who have the potential to thrive in an independent school environment but lack the financial resources necessary to enroll.
When a family is accepted into the B.E.S.T. program, they receive admissions counseling and support as they apply to three of our member schools. This support includes:
- Waived fees for applications to three schools
- Reduced financial aid form fees
- Personalized assistance in submitting all required admissions materials to three schools
- Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) Prep Workshops for students
- Financial Aid Workshop for parents
- Financial Literacy Workshop for parents
- Educational “Plan B” Workshop for parents
Once a B.E.S.T. applicant enrolls at one of our member schools, B.E.S.T. continues to support our students and their families through comprehensive programming that includes:
- Summer Scholars, a five week academic and transition program for newly enrolled, rising middle school students
- Parent Support Network and Speaker Series
- Molly Hathaway Young Women’s and Redmond C.S. Finney Young Men’s Leadership Programs for our students, including speakers, panel discussions and civic engagement opportunities
- Academic enrichment
- Transition workshops
- College-bound support
CONNECT WITH B.E.S.T. If you have a child who might benefit from the B.E.S.T. program, please fill out our Online Inquiry Form. If you know a qualified student to refer, or if you would like to become a donor, please Contact Us.