Leadership Programs of B.E.S.T.
The Molly Hathaway Young Women’s Leadership Program was established to honor Molly Hathaway who exemplifies leadership, as seen through her work as a long-standing member of the Board of Trustees of B.E.S.T., as well as her lifelong dedication to Garrison Forest School.
The Redmond C.S. Finney Young Men’s Leadership Program was established to honor Redmond C.S. Finney, Co-Founder of B.E.S.T., former Head of Gilman School, and revered educational activist.
The Leadership Programs of B.E.S.T. provide opportunities for students to expand their leadership skills and sense of civic responsibility. Our programs support and inspire our young women and men as they consider character, leadership and integrity.
- Assist students in developing their own leadership point of view
- Engage students in thoughtful discussion about their own leadership experiences in relation to their character and integrity
- Facilitate interaction between students and community leaders to foster the concept of leadership as civic engagement
- Empower students to create meaningful change on their campuses and in their communities
“I am honored that the Baltimore Educational Scholarship Trust [created] the Redmond C.S. Finney Young Men’s Leadership Program. Character, integrity and leadership are inextricably interrelated and essential for all young men to ponder, reflect upon and to acquire. The Leadership Program at B.E.S.T. provides support and resources as these young men strive to become persons of integrity.”
– Redmond C.S. Finney, B.E.S.T. Trustee Emeritus
“What an honor to watch the students in the Molly Hathaway Young Women’s Leadership Program assume important roles in their schools and in their communities. They are setting a high standard, and are positioning themselves to become the next generation of confident leaders and strong role models.”
-Molly Hathaway, B.E.S.T. Trustee Emeriti